Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Clinique 3 Step skincare system

Today I ventured to Boscov's and purchased the Clinique skincare system for Dry skin.

I'm type 1, Very dry/dry skin due to my previous boughts with acne and my time with accutane to rid of the mess that formerly was my face.

I'm still learning how to post pictures and I don't have any at the moment; but when I figure it out I'll post pictures so you guys can see how bad my skin used to be - and why it's so important to keep it clear now.

So, this is not the first time I've tried the Clinique system. In fact, I tried it before I used accutane and it didn't do anything for me. My skin used to be oily/combo and I wasn't nearly as educated as I am now with what my skin needs and wants.

With that being said, I used the process today and I'm finding my skin is smooth. Through one use (and we all know this is not enough to judge anything on ... yet) I'm happy.

Luckily, I don't really get acne anymore (except for hormonal) and even when I do it's 1-3 on my face and they clear up within a few days. If I'd still had constant acne I'd have looked at the acne solutions system. I also remember the last time I used the system I was using the bar soap which dried out quickly and helped me make the choice to pick up a different skincare regimen.

Previous uses also had me trying the lotion and the gel for moisturizer - which I disliked both of them at the time. Currently I'm using the type 1 for liquid extra mild soap, clarifying toner (which I'm not so much a fan of because it's alcohol-based) (this dries out the skin even more); and the moisturizing lotion. My skin feels great and it's only been about 20 minutes after the shower, so that's a good sign. I'll post the next time I think about it (or in a week or two) depending on which comes first - just to see if there's been a constant difference or if I've noticed any problems coming up while trying out the system.

I got mine at Boscov's but this can be purchased wherever there is a Clinique counter.

Standard sizes for all 3 products came to 53$.

From smooth sailing skin,

Casey

No comments: