Since I was a little girl I always had food around. Whether it was comfort, boredom, habitual, laziness, all of the above... It was always there. It was there when my parents got divorced, when my grandparents died, when I graduated high school and had no idea what I was doing with my life... food was there. While I never particularly disliked healthy foods; cheese and bread is where I was addicted. I never saw or cared about the consequences of my actions when I was growing up. Even after being constantly reminded that I was going to get diabetes. Getting punished for saying a bad word or watching Ren and Stimpy (with my older brother) was the "worst" punishment I faced. I took that for granted my entire life, and while I never could see my feet - I never knew how severe my problems were - since no one else in my immediate family had a weight problem it fell by the wayside..accepted. I always had a belly, even before I could make my own food decisions. So, the pizza once a week wasn't really the problem initially. The fact that as I was growing up I never saw a problem - was the problem. People are supposed to be able to sit on roller coasters without the terrifying idea that they'd get made fun of for being fat and had to "sit this one out". The idea that I had to go to the adult (plus-sized) clothing store when I was 10 because I didn't fit in normal clothes. The fact that I'm sitting here at 27 and I have to go to the grandma clothing sections and stores or spend 75$ on a pair of jeans that aren't cute/flattering/from this century.
I can't be that girl anymore. Not letting myself ignore the problems and finding solutions that will inevitably save my life. I haven't been to a doctor in 10+ years because I know that diabetes is waiting for me. I have been learning and progressing on losing weight since Thanksgiving 2013 and I have officially launched my journey. People will run up and ask what the secret is - but we all really know what that is, right?
Eat Well. Train. Live.
While I've been striving to eat better on this journey I know there is no perfection. Guess what? No one is perfect. I still watch cookie dough ice cream youtube videos and stare at the peanut butter jar wishing I could eat its entirety. But I am not going to do that anymore because I do not have to do it. I'm better than that. I'm better than I was yesterday and tomorrow I'll be better than today. .....
August 2015
Here we are, a year later while still searching.. for answers, for perfection, and everything else.
At least with the coming of age, also brings a coming of wisdom.
To begin this again is refreshingly grown-up and worth the experience. With this new blog I'm working on, it will not solely be dedicated to fitness. I will also post reviews of products, and beauty related things. I'm not just my weight loss journey. I am a grown woman with various interests.. shocker! I love food, tea, coffee, animals, movies, television shows (more recently), photography, makeup, skincare, etc etc. I also love a good deal. If I can get into couponing and stuff that would be awesome.. but I'm a total newbie to that realm. So it's... as everything else.. a learning process.
So, come along this journey with me!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment